This gorgeous gal decided to treat herself to a boudoir session to celebrate turning 50 years young! I was so excited when she contacted me because there is nothing more amazing than being able to embrace who you are RIGHT NOW. Ms. P is actually the mother of one of my previous clients and when her daughter told me she wasn’t sure if she could do it. I immediately reassured her that she indeed could rock her very own boudoir session.
1. How old are you? 50
2. What do you do for a living? I am in the real estate industry, also a mother of three and grandmother of 3 with another on the way.
3. What made you decide to take a leap of faith and do a boudoir session? You had placed a modeling call on Facebook, and I saw how beautiful the pictures were from my daughter ‘s boudoir session, and just turning 50, I thought to myself why not 🙂
4. Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir? My biggest obstacle/fear was being comfortable with my body. I have always been my hardest critic ….I would have never purchased the lingerie I wore during the photo shoot. After spending hours in Victoria’s Secret and not buying anything, I asked my daughter to help. I was having anxiety about the photo shoot and was about to cancel, but my daughter and daughter-in-law shared with me my daughter’s experience of how amazing and empowering it was.
5. Was the session different from what you expected it to be? I really did not know what to expect, but the experience was absolutely amazing!! You made me feel so comfortable and beautiful!
6. What was your favorite part about the entire experience? I cannot say there was “one” favorite part. The whole experience was wonderful. I loved my make-up…Wish I knew how to do it myself. The posing was fun….especially the floor arched pose. My back was sore the next day…lol!!
7. How did you feel when you saw your photographs? WOW!!!! I wish I didn’t waste almost half of my life worried about imperfections with myself because I am B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!
8. Any advice for women interested in their own boudoir session? Every woman should treat themselves to a boudoir session. You will love it! You do not have to have a man/woman in your life. Do it for yourself!! I promise you will not regret it.
9. Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of the session? Of course! As women, we are always comparing ourselves to what others feel “beauty” should look like, so we focus on our flaws. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and we are all beautiful!
10. Would you recommend Black Lace Boudoir? Definitely…I have actually recommended you to some of my colleagues/friends. You are very passionate and beautiful and that shows through your photography.