1.How Old are you? 32 years old
2. What do you do for a living?
I work Full Time
3. What made you decide to take a leap of faith and do a boudoir session?
First and foremost, I wanted to do something special for my husband for our anniversary; something unforgettable. Second to that, I wanted to do something for myself to celebrate how far I’ve come after having two children – a 4-year-old and a 15-month-old. My body has changed so much with each pregnancy and I’ve had to work very hard to lose all of the weight. I wanted to do something to celebrate all of that hard work. As uncomfortable as I sometimes am with my “new” post-baby body, I wanted to do a boudoir session to embrace my new body. Seeing the photos afterwards definitely gave me that confidence boost I was looking for!
4. Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir? Absolutely! I think like most ladies, I was worried about different parts of my body being photographed. There were moments of doubts that I shouldn’t do this or times when I felt like I would have to let the photographer know that I’m not comfortable with certain angles or parts being photographed. I remember having a difficult time trying to pick out what I was going to wear, too. I remember sending a few emails to Ramilyn with these concerns – she assured me that my fears were normal and that we wouldn’t do anything I was uncomfortable doing. She also sent several suggestions for outfits and shared her Pinterest board with me so I could identify the “looks” I was going for. It put my mind at ease and made me feel more confident.
5. Was the session different from what you expected it to be? Not really. I don’t think I had any expectations as I was trying to remain open to this new experience. Ramilyn did a wonderful job prepping me for the photo shoot so I felt prepared before going.
6. What was your favorite part about the entire experience?
Viewing the photos afterwards! I was so shocked with how I looked and couldn’t wait to get the printed copies so I could give them to my husband for our anniversary.
7. How did you feel when you saw your photographs?
Shocked with how good they turned out and so happy that I had the photos taken.
8. Any advice for women interested in their own boudoir session?
Do it! Whether you do it for yourself or for someone else, you will not regret it! Try not to worry or focus negative attention on different body parts that you may not like. Ramilyn will guide you through the process and will make you feel at ease. She also does a great job explaining the different poses as well as giving you options for poses that will accentuate areas that you want to focus on.
9. Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of the session?
Yes. I never thought I could pull off a sultry sexy look but was amazed by some of the photos. My husband’s reaction was priceless. Although he was beyond excited to have the photos, he was even more proud of me for embracing my body and going outside my comfort zone by doing a boudoir session.
10. Would you recommend Black Lace Boudoir?
Location: Greenock Manor Make-Up & Hair Artist: Sparkle Grose