What to Wear and Where to Shop for Lingerie!
Congratulations! You’ve taken the plunge and booked your session or maybe you are still thinking about booking! Either way, I’m sure you’re feeling excited and maybe a bit nervous about what you’re going to wear. Have no fear lovely! Your session will be fun but preparing and planning for it should be equally as fun!
You may be curious about some of the best options out there to shop for lingerie, so here are some of my faves and my thoughts on each:
- Your very own closet! That’s right- you don’t have to leave your house or endlessly troll the internet. Everything you may need to look like a sexy bombshell you may already own! The best part about preparing for your session this way it that you can make it personal and keep your money in your pocket. Who doesn’t love that?
Grab a simple white button-down shirt, blazer, or your favorite off the shoulder sweater. Combine these items with your favorite bra, panties and shoes then you’re ready to rock. Don’t forget to consider dipping your head into your partner’s closet also! Grabbing their favorite piece of clothing and using it for a shoot will excite them! Things like sports jerseys, favorite tie, hat or shirt are all great options. Think outside the box!
- Your “toy box”: If you’re like me and you like a bit of kink in your life then you may have some super sexy items stashed away for those special times. Wink. Wink. Handcuffs, blindfolds or anything leather can easily amp up the sexiness in your shoot.
- You decided to go shopping!
If you are the, “I have to try it on and see it in person” type of girl then, of course, your local Victoria’s Secret, Fredericks of Hollywood, Torrid or Nordstrom will likely have you walking out with gorgeous finds! Don’t forget your coupons ladies! Check your mailbox or your inbox before shopping to snag a great deal.
- Shop in your bathrobe or from your desk
For those of you who love the convenience of shopping online (or in your jammies with a glass of wine like me) then here are some of my favorites
1. Bare Necessities is one of my personal favorites. I’d always suggest starting here if you’re beginning your search. They carry a wide range of hosiery, bras, and panties, and all the super sexy teddies and babydolls you could dream of. What I like about them is that they carry a wide variety of sizes, price points, and a great under $40 section to choose from. Best of all- their returns are simple. Simply fill out the form they include in the box and slap the enclosed label on it. Easy Peasy. http://www.barenecesseties.com
2. Yandy is a great place if you’re not trying to break the bank. They too, have a great variety of corsets, body stockings (my personal fave), and bustiers, along with some latex and vinyl options if you’re the adventurous type. Their return process isn’t as easy, but if you don’t mind logging on to process your return then give them a try! www.yandy.com
Other notable budget-friendly brands to try are www.chicme.com or www.adoreme.com and don’t forget www.amazon.com
3. Salt and Lace Intimates is a moderately priced size-inclusive brand that I love! The quality is a bit better than some of the others I’ve listed, and their selection is perhaps a bit more unique than others as well. www.saltandlaceintimates.com Other notable mid-priced brands are www.lasenza.com www.hipsandcurves.com and http://www.ohlalacheri.com
4. Agent Provocateur is a gorgeous high-end brand that will knock your socks off and always has stunning offerings. www.agentprovocateur.com
5. Marie Mur has beautiful luxury leather BDSM style harnesses, lingerie, robes and bra and panty sets. Their quality is amazing, and selection unique, but expect at least 8 weeks to receive your items. www.marimur.com
Happy shopping ladies! You’re beautiful!
Written by our Beauty Ambassador
– Anita Makselon