So, you’ve done your research, found your preferred boudoir photographer in Washington DC, and have booked your first boudoir photo shoot. Now what?!? Not to worry, Black Lace Boudoir has you covered! Read on for our easy-to-follow steps on how to prepare for your boudoir photo shoot to ensure your experience will be one for the ages.
Mind the Small Stuff
Hair, hands, and feet will all be visible in almost all your boudoir photos and poses, so it is vitally important to get them camera ready. Consider giving yourself a “terrific lady day” in which you get a mani-pedi and your hair done the week of your photo shoot.
- Find a polish that matches with all the outfits you’ll be wearing during your session. Using the same color on your fingernails and toenails is always a timeless look!
- If you want a bolder look, consider a classic red tone that’ll add a fierce and bold touch to your boudoir look.
- Make sure the bottoms of your feet are clean; they will show in some of your poses!
- Get your hair trimmed, toned, and touched up! If you color your hair, make sure to get it touched up the week of your boudoir session.
- At Black Lace Boudoir, we provide professional hair styling, so please arrive with fully dry and clean hair that is product free.
Pamper Your Skin
With most boudoir photo styles, your skin will show and we want your skin to look its best on the day of your photo shoot!
- Drink lots and lots…and lots…of water leading up to your photo shoot and stay hydrated. Hydrated skin is happy skin!
- On the day of your boudoir session, use your favorite face lotion to keep your skin looking fresh.
- At Black Lace Boudoir, we provide professional make-up service, so come to our Northern Virginia boudoir studio make-up free and we’ll take care of the rest!
- Wear your most comfy, loose, baggy clothes to the studio. In fact, you can skip wearing a bra, panties, and socks altogether as they can all leave weird lines on your skin that we don’t want showing up in your photos.
- Shave your legs, underarms, and bikini line the morning of your boudoir session. If you prefer waxing, schedule your waxing appointment 3-5 days prior to your boudoir photography session.
Get Your Lingerie and Accessories Camera Ready
You’ve decided on a boudoir photo shoot to show off your strongest and best self; your lingerie and any accessories you choose to bring along with you should enhance your photos and not take away from your beauty!
Now You’re Ready for Your Boudoir Photo Shoot!
If you follow our suggestions above, we’ll take care of the rest! We know you’ll love how you’ll look and feel during and after your boudoir photo session. If you have any questions about how to prepare for your upcoming boudoir photo shoot, or want to schedule your own boudoir session, please drop us a line and we’ll be in touch right away!